Thursday, August 21, 2008

Kathy's Ring


I can thing of anything to say except 'Wow, this was fun'. Kathy doesn't live in the Lower Mainland, I have yet to meet her, it made this ring a challenge - couldn't have done it without the Internet! First we talked about what jewellery she already wears and why she likes it. Then about her finger shape and what would work best for her. Then we doodled, and counter doodled and the doodled some more until I felt it was time to go 3-D and I mailed her some wax versions of her ring to her to try. She mailed me back the one she liked and then using it as a guide I handmade her ring in 18k yellow and white gold.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow Karen! This is a fabulous ring! Mona Boucher was telling me that you did wonderful work and now I can see that. I would like to talk to you about designing a ring. I can send you pictures of the stones and discuss the type of jewelary that I normally wear. Thanks! Hope to hear from you soon!
Sarah

Will said...

I like it. So original.